Following his presidential victory in the just ended elections, His Excellency Nana Akufo-Addo the number of his ministers drastically from 126 to 85 in his second term of office.
As a result of this, some former ministers of state will lose their jobs, hence, not being part of the new administration. Ample evidence to support this claim is the list of minister-nominees that was released by the presidency.
A release from the presidency signed by Acting Director of Communication, Eugene Arhin, stated, “The President of the Republic, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, has submitted to Parliament for prior approval, through the Speaker, Rt. Hon. Alban Sumana Kingsford Bagbin…”
Here are the names of the ministers who have lost their jobs.
1. Gloria Akuffo – Attorney General and Minister for Justice
2. Halima Mahama – Local Government
3. Kwaku Asomah Cheremeh – Lands and Natural Resources
4. Atta Akyea – Works and Housing
5. Elizabeth Afoley Quaye – Fisheries
6. Cynthia Morrison – Gender, Children and Social Protection
7. Kofi Dzamesi – Chieftaincy and Religious Affairs
8. Isaac Kwame Asiamah – Youth and Sports
9. Anthony Akoto Osei – Monitoring and Evaluation
10. Dr Mustapha Hamid – Zongo Affairs and Inner City Development
11. Barbara Oteng Gyasi – Tourism
12. Joe Ghartey – Railway Development
13. Kofi Adda – Aviation
14. Prof Frimpong Boateng – Environment, Science and Technology
15. Prof Gyan Baffuor – Planning
16. Yaw Osafo-Maafo – Senior Minister
17. Kwamena Duncan – Central Regional Minister
See Full List of Ministers Below: