Paramount Chief of Nungua Traditional Area and President of Nungua Traditional Council, His Royal Highness King (Prof) Odaifio Welentsi III, is tipped for an honorary award for this year’s Hollywood and African Prestigious (HAP) Awards in USA.
Known in private as Justice Nii-Laryeafio Akatoi, the Chief of Nungua will be honored together with Osabarima Nana Ansah Sasraku III. Mamfehene & Kyidomhene of Akuapem Traditional area.
This news comes as a rare privilege as the two revered traditional rulers, happens to be the only ones from Ghana – West Africa, considered for this year’s Hollywood and African Prestigious Honorary Awards. It is the wish of King (Prof) Odaifio Welentsi III to use the opportunity, to pray the conscience of filmmakers and investors in Hollywood to consider shooting films in Ghana.
“I will use the occasion to invite filmmakers and investors in Hollywood, specially our brothers in the Diaspora, to come home and invest because we have organic locales and sceneries here, cost of production here is cheaper, and we have a peaceful and stable economy for investors and tourists” King (Prof) Odaifio Welentsi III assured.
Profile – King (Prof) Odaifio Welentsi III
King (Prof) Welentsi III is married with 10 children and has contributed immensely in the developmental projects within his traditional Area and beyond. Currently, he holds the following positions; President of the newly inaugurated Traditional Council of Nungua, Executive Member of Ghanata Old Student Association (GOSA),
Also: A Member of the Greater Accra Regional House of Chiefs in Dodowa, A member of the National House of Chiefs in Kumasi, Board member of National Commission on Culture (NCC) and a Member of the Board of Trustees of the Institute of Management Consultants in the United Kingdom (UK).
- Construction of a very large hall for the Nungua Senior High-School namely, KATE BANNERMAN HALL.2. Construction of KVIP to Nungua Methodist Junior High School.3. Construction of pipe borne water and a library for Nungua Presbyterian Junior High School.
4. Construction and fencing of Nungua Sparks Senior High School!
5. Construction of a mission house for St. Peter the Rock Anglican church.
6. Roofing of Nungua Ebenezer Methodist church building.
7. Construction of Modern Security Gate for Regional Maritime University.
8. Construction of a large shade for the fishermen Association of Nungua.
9. Construction of water desalination project for the community and its environs to ease water problems.
10. Not forgetting the clinics, Drainage/Gutters, Sanitation and its associated problems the King cared much about.
11. King Dr. Welentsi III has modernized the culture and festival of the Chiefs and people of Nungua by of celebrating the “ODWIRA” after the Kplejoo festival.
The Hollywood and African Prestigious Awards are awards of merit and it’s designed to:
Globally promote the culture of Africa and Hollywood together, Celebrate and recognize outstanding achievements and exceptional work by Africans and Hollywood actors, Musicians, comedians and dignitaries.
It is also designed to provide a platform for Africans to connect with the Hollywood entertainment industry while establishing cultural ties between both Africa and Hollywood’s films, television, media and music industry, and Promote interest in the study of acting, comedy and music, including the development of African talents in the Hollywood entertainment field through scholarships for upcoming actors, musicians and comedians.
The Hollywood and African Prestigious Awards in partnership with the Vomoz Communications, currently endorsed by the Ooni of Ife, will draw affluent people on the 18th of November, 2017 at the legendary Alex Theatre.
During the seven days of festivities built around the Ooni of Ife, these prestigious awards will draw dignitaries, top Hollywood A-List actors, filmmakers, musicians, comedian and over 10,000 VIP guests from around the world. The award will be aired by BblackTV and Congo Promo TV networks in Africa and France.